Like all other things mechanical cycles need regular maintenance to ensure that they are giving their user the safest and most comfortable ride possible. The Highway Code applies to everyone in the UK and states that cyclists must ensure that:-
● lights and reflectors are kept clean and are in good working order
● tyres are in good condition and inflated to the pressure shown on the tyre
● gears are working correctly
● chain is properly adjusted and oiled
● saddle and handlebars are adjusted to the correct height
It is recommended that cyclists fit a bell to their cycle. The Highway Code also states that cyclists must
● ensure their brakes are efficient
● at night use lit front and rear lights and have a red rear reflector
Whether you prefer to carry out your own cycle maintenance, or have it done for you, Eastgate Cycles can meet your cycling needs.
Full Cycle Service-£25
Confident that you have the skills to do your own cycle repairs and maintenance? Then Eastgate Cycles stock a range of parts you may need to do-it-yourself stocking items such as mudguards, tyres, tubes and brake cables.
If you are not mechanically inclined Eastgate Cycles can carry out services and range of repairs for you. A full cycle service costs just £25, plus the cost of any parts that may be needed, to get your cycle into the best possible condition for safe and carefree cycling. Whether you have dug out a long stored cycle with the idea of getting fit, or use your machine on a daily basis, a regular service will enhance your cycling experience.